SSC CGL Syllabus 2016
If you are preparing for SSC CGL 2016 Exam, the you must know the Syllabusfor both the Tier-1 and Tier-2 Exams.
Tier-1 Syllabus: In the CGL Tier-1, there will be 200 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ’s) to be asked from 4 Sections viz. English , Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude and General Awareness. Each section has 50 Questions and Each Question carry 1 mark.
The Total Duration of Tier-1 Exam is 2 Hours.
Penalty: There will be deduction of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer.
Tier-2 Syllabus: Those who Pass the Tier-1 exam, can appear for Tier-2 Exam. The Tier-2 Exam will have Sections viz English and Quantitative Aptitude.
1) Quantitative Aptitude: In the Tier-2 Exam, there will be 100 Questionsfrom the Quant section and each Question carry 2 marks. The Duration of this exam will be 2 hours.
2) English: This section is tier-2 Exam, will have 200 Questions , with each Question carrying 1 Mark. The Duration of this Exam is 2 Hours
Note: In tier-2 Exam, there will penalty of 0.50 marks for Quantitative AptitudeSections, while there will be penalty for 0.25 marks for English Language and Comprehension.
Descriptive Paper : SSC had introduced a small pattern change in the CGL Examination, be introducing a Descriptive paper. This paper is only for those, who Qualify the SSC Tier-2 Exam
The Duration of this Paper is 1 hour only and Questions in this paper will be asked from the following sections:
2) Quantitative Aptitude
3) General Awareness
Section-wise Analysis for CGL Tier-1 and Tier-2 Exams.
As of now, we have discussed the Syllabus for Tier-1 and Tier-2 Exam. Now, in this section, lets discuss about the weighatge given to each of the sections in both the exams.
Here is the Detailed Section wise analysis
What, we can form the above figure, is that Quant and English section carries the equal and maximum weightage. and Reasoning along with GA carries the minimum weightage
But remember, one thing that All the four Sections are Equally Important and carry similar wightage for Tier-1 Exam.
So Due Preparation should be given to all sections, but more focus should be on English and Quant Section from the Tier-2 Perspective.
SSC CGLTier-1 General Awareness Syllabus
This is high scoring and Time Saving section in the CGL Tier-1 Exam.
This section has 50 Questions and maximum time limit for this section is 20 mins
This Sections has Questions mainly from the Static GK, Sciences and Crap.
1) Static GK Comprises of Questions from Polity, Indian History& Culture, Geography and Economy.
2) In Science Section, the Questions are asked from Biology, Physics, Chemistry and Computer Section.
3) The Crap Questions, comprises of Questions from Current Affairs, Current GK, Books and Authors, Persons and Place in News, Abbreviations etc.
Here is the topic wise and year wise break up of Questions from the General Awareness Question
2010: SSC CGL GA Questions
Here is the Break-up of Questions from different Topics
- Static GK: 29 Questions
- Science: 18 Questions
- Crap: 3 Questions
2011: SSC CGL GA Questions
- Static GK: 29 Questions
- Science: 16 Questions
- Crap: 5 Questions
2012: SSC CGL GA Questions
- Static GK: 23 Questions
- Science: 17 Questions
- Crap: 10 Questions